Elon Musk says he is 'fairly nocturnal,' goes to bed about 3 a.m. and only sleeps for 6 hours a day
- Elon Musk says he is "fairly nocturnal" and only sleeps about 6 hours a day.
- He told The Full Send podcast he usually goes to bed about 3 a.m. and gets up around 9 a.m.
Elon Musk says he is "fairly nocturnal" and only sleeps about six hours a day.
He said he usually goes to sleep at about 3 a.m. and wakes up after about six hours at 9 a.m. or 9:30 a.m.
Musk said he also had a "bad habit" of immediately checking his phone after he wakes up to see if any "emergencies happen overnight."
He said running companies like SpaceX and Tesla meant that "there's usually some kind of thing that's happened overnight."
Musk also said he now lived just half a mile away from the SpaceX rocket factory in Boca Chica, South Texas.
His representatives did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
Musk told the podcast he was aiming to replace checking his phone immediately in the morning for working out, saying he needed to be in better shape. "I don't really like working out," he added.
In mid-July pictures of a shirtless Musk on a yacht off the Greek island of Mykonos were published by outlets including the Daily Mail.
Musk has previously claimed he only sleeps for six hours a day. In 2015 Insider reported that the Tesla and SpaceX CEO said he slept "almost exactly 6 hours on average."
He is embroiled in a legal battle with Twitter after pulling out of a deal to buy the social media platform for $44 billion.
The hearing is due to begin on October 17 in the Delaware Chancery Court.
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn