Facebook's attempt to 'depressurize' Instagram is over. Now, hiding likes will be a 'matter of personal choice.'
Hello! This story is from today's edition of
Despite little evidence that removing likes would accomplish...anything, the company still decided to roll out the feature "as a matter of personal choice," but it's getting criticized by the e-commerce community it hopes to attract. The biggest reactions to the decision were from smaller business accounts and influencers who rely on engagement metrics to get paid.Looking ahead...44 US attorneys general recently told Mark Zuckerberg that the company's Instagram for Kids project was a bad idea. Facebook's push to create a healthier environment may be an attempt to change opponents' minds.
This story is from today's edition of Morning Brew, a daily email publication. Sign up here to get it!
- Delhi reports its lowest daily COVID-19 cases in 104 days, records 213 single day COVID-19 cases
- Here’s how to recharge your Reliance Jio on WhatsApp
- India may classify Bitcoin as an asset class, but that may not solve the underlying problem
- Facebook rolls out new chat themes and payment options in Messenger app for US users
- Dodla Dairy's ₹520 crore IPO isn't to expand into new markets but to strengthen its foothold where it already exists