How to cancel a PayPal payment if the receiver has not yet claimed it
- You can cancel a PayPal payment if the receiver of the money has not yet claimed it, and the process of stopping these payments is easy.
- Many forms of PayPal payments are processed immediately and cannot be cancelled, requiring you to request a refund to recoup your money.
- PayPal will automatically cancel any payment you make that goes unclaimed for 30 days, returning the money to your account.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
So you just sent a PayPal payment but realized the amount was wrong? Or you suddenly decided that any amount was wrong and you no longer wish to send that given party any money? You can cancel certain types of PayPal payments easily.
On the other hand, some PayPal payments can't be cancelled and your only recourse would be to ask for a refund or to dispute the charge with the company itself, if that's warranted.
Assuming you have sent a payment that requires the receiver to actively claim it, you may be able to cancel that payment and keep your cash.
How to cancel a PayPal payment
1. Log into your PayPal account and click on the tab "Activity" at the top of the screen.
2. Scroll down to locate the payment you want to cancel.
3. Click the word "Cancel."
4. Click the "Cancel Payment" button to confirm.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
- Best steel chair for living room in India
- Best floodlights for outdoors in India
- CCI approves HDFC Bank's acquisition of 4.99% stake in HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- Best front lights for bicycles in India
- Best document scanners for office and home use in India