How to change the language on an Android phone or tablet to the one you prefer
- It's easy to change the
languageon your Androiddevice to one you're more comfortable using on a daily basis.
- All you have to do is navigate through your Android device's Settings app and choose the language you prefer.
- Android devices offer more than 100
languages, along with a selection of regional variants.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Whether you accidentally selected the wrong language when you were setting up your phone, or purchased your device in a foreign country, you can easily change the language on your Android device by going into Settings.
With more than 100 languages to choose from, you'll likely be able to find one that's suitable for you.
Here's how to change the language on your Android device.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change the language on Android
1. Open the Settings app on your Android device.
2. Tap "System."
3. Tap "Languages & input."
4. Tap "Languages."
5. Tap "Add a Language."
6. Select your preferred language from the list by tapping on it. If prompted, select the region for your chosen language.
7. Press firmly on the two horizontal lines to the right of your preferred language and drag it up to the first spot.
You should automatically see the default language of your phone change. If not, restart your device.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
- Five common symptoms of Stomach Cancer
- Covid virus can persist in lungs for up to two years: Study
- SC upholds abrogation of Article 370, calls for polls by September next year
- Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R vs Honda CBR650R – the 650cc sports bike drag
- Mehbooba put under 'house arrest' ahead of SC verdict on Article 370