How to create a segment on Strava and compete with others on a particular route
- You can create a segment on
Stravafrom any activity you've completed on the platform so that you can repeat the route later and even compete with others on that same route.
- If you regularly cycle, run, or otherwise exercise on a popular route, a segment likely already exists in Strava.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If you use Strava to track your running, cycling rides, swims, walks, hikes, or skis, chances are you spend plenty of time outdoors using the same routes time and time again. You're also likely to pass other athletes while doing so, especially if you live in a major metropolis or exercise in a highly trafficked area.
If you find yourself wondering how your performance compares to others who follow the same route as you, you can use Strava to create a segment to highlight "a start point, an end point, and a sequence of locations in between." Strava will not only search to see if a similar segment already exists and if not, but it will also allow you to name your segment and see how others have fared in that area.
Here's how to create a segment in Strava.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to create a segment in Strava
1. Log into your account via the Strava website on a
2. From the list of menu options on the top of the screen, click "Training" and then "My Activities."
3. Scroll down on the list of activities and click on the one you wish to create a segment for.
4. Under "Segments," see if one already exists for your selected route. If not, click the three dots (...) in the left-hand menu.
5. Click "Create Segment."
6. Use the slider in the top part of the screen to choose the start and ending points of your selected segment.
7. Click "Next."
8. Name your segment something descriptive and choose whether or not you want to make the segment private by clicking the box to check or uncheck as preferred.
9. Click "Create." Your segment is now created.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning
- India, Japan agree to strengthen economic cooperation including achieving progress on high-speed railway project
- India rises to No 1 in ODIs, becomes top ranked team in all formats
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x