How to report someone on your PS4 for breaking PlayStation Network rules, through their profile or your private messages
- You can report someone on your PS4 by going to their profile, or by selecting their name in your private messages.
- You can report a player for the content of their PS4 profile, their profile photo, or something they wrote to you.
- Based on your report, the player may be banned from playing online on their PS4. Make sure that your reports are legitimate, so Sony doesn't take action against you for making false reports.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
If another player violates the rules or policies of the PlayStation Network, you can report them, which may result in them getting banned from the PSN system.If you're hurt by someone's behavior and want to report them, you can do directly via their PS4 profile, or from a direct message you've received. This can because of be threatening, rude, offensive, or obscene communication. It can also be because they've sent you something that breaks the rules (like sharing cheat codes), or something that's outright illegal.Advertisement
When you make a report on your PS4, be sure your concerns are legitimate. Sony moderators aren't sympathetic to false accusations designed to harm innocent players, and may punish you instead if it turns out that no rules were broken.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to report someone on a PS4 via their profile
You can report someone based on something your find offensive in their profile.1. Open the player's profile.
2. Press the Options button on your controller.3. Select "Report." Advertisement
4. Choose "Something in Profile."
5. Select the reason you're reporting the player, and then follow the instructions to complete the report and submit it to Sony.
How to report someone on a PS4 via Messages1. From the Home screen, select "Messages."Advertisement
2. Select the conversation that you find offensive and highlight a specific message that you want to report. Then press the Options button on the controller.
3. In the menu that appears, choose "Report."Advertisement
4. Follow the instructions to indicate what you found offensive and submit it to Sony.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Insider receives a commission when you buy through our links.
- Former union minister Jaswant Singh passes away at 82
- Odisha man arrested for manufacturing fake Covid-19 vaccine
- J&J Covid vaccine produces strong immune response in early trials
- PM Modi at UNGA: 'How long will India be kept out of decision-making structures of UN'
- China says WHO gave support for Covid vaccine emergency use