I drove a $70,000 Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring to see if this suave SUV could serve up some plug-in hybrid power - here's the verdict
Matthew DeBord/Business Insider
- The 2020 Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring is a midsize, plug-in hybrid SUV.
- The Aviator can offer about 20 miles of all-electric range, but what the hybrid system really does is punch up the performance of the turbocharged V6, bringing its output to nearly 500 horsepower with gobs of torque on offer.
- The styling uses Lincoln's "Quiet Flight" attitude, evoking sleek aviation motifs.
- I genuinely enjoyed the Lincoln Aviator - it's a great, three-row option in the crowded SUV segment.
- Sign up for Business Insider's transportation newsletter, Shifting Gears, to get more stories like this in your inbox.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Lincoln has been steadily reinventing itself since about 2013, and now the brand - Ford's luxury marque - is flush with stylish new SUVs.
I recently tested the 2020 Lincoln Aviator in Los Angeles. My SUV was an Aviator GT, the plug-in hybrid version of the midsize hauler.
The experience was richly enjoyable. And I was made especially happy when I stomped the throttle, not something you can say about all that many SUVs.
Read on to find out why ...
Get the latest Ford stock price here.