If you search 'loser' on Twitter, Trump is the first result
- Search "loser" on
- The results are based on patterns of what people are tweeting, a Twitter representative said Monday.
- "These associations are temporary and ever-changing based on how people tweet," they said.
- Trump has repeatedly called his opponents "losers" during his time at the White House.
But now, if you search "loser" on Twitter, the first search result under the "People" tab is Trump himself.
Insider and its election partner, Decision Desk HQ, on Friday projected that Joe Biden would win the election, and other major outlets like The Associated Press and CNN called the race for Biden on Saturday.
Trump has refused to concede.
A Twitter representative told Business Insider on Monday that the search result was based on what people had been tweeting and that it might not last.
"If an account is mentioned often alongside certain terms, they can become algorithmically surfaced together as an association," the representative told Business Insider.
"These associations are temporary and ever-changing based on how people tweet."
Twitter has flagged several of Trump's tweets — including ones in which he claimed he'd won the election — as potentially "misleading," and a civil-rights organization demanded that Twitter suspend Trump's account after he made baseless claims about voter fraud.
Trump, meanwhile, claimed on Friday that Twitter was "out of control" after the platform continued to label his election tweets as "disputed."
- Snapchat brings paid subscription service to India amid layoffs, poor growth
- Microsoft lays off more workers, this time from consumer R&D team: Report
- More emissions reduction targets will help Indian fossil fuel giants, IEEFA reports
- Microsoft joins hands with MSDE, CBC to train 2.5 mn civil servants in India
- Best RO water purifier for home in India