Microsoft to integrate music platform Spotify into new Windows 11 focus feature, say media reports
Microsoft's head of Windows and devices Panos Panay teased the Focus Sessions Windows 11 feature on
Focus Sessions includes Spotify integration, allowing you to create a focus timer to work through tasks while listening to a playlist of music from Spotify, reports The
The company hasn't started testing Focus Sessions in its public builds of Windows 11 yet, but from the video Panay teased, it appears to be built into the operating system's Clock app, the report said.
It looks like it's following the
There are already a variety of Pomodoro apps and websites that let you set aside time to focus on a list of tasks. Microsoft's Spotify integration could be the company's way of standing out from the crowd.
The report mentioned that it is also the first time there is some significant Spotify integration in Windows since Microsoft retired its Groove Music service in 2017.
At the time, Microsoft partnered with Spotify to move Groove Music subscribers and their playlists over to the rival music streaming service.
Microsoft and Spotify have also previously worked together on a Windows 10 app and a separate app for Xbox consoles.
Coinbase now lets you purchase crypto via Apple Pay, Google Pay option to arrive soon as well
Venezuela is set to launch its government-backed digital currency in October as the bolivar gets a makeover
Popular on BI
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Mark Zuckerberg just ushered in a new era of tech, where profitability and efficiency trump perks and culture
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- BYJU's to miss March 2023 deadline for group level profitability, results delayed again
- Dedicate Mumbai coastal road to Lata Didi, urges Mangeshkar family
- Adani Transmission reports 78% rise in Q3 net profit to ₹475 crore on one-time income
- Young boy builds an online kabadiwala biz after being inspired by his uncle's scrapyard 'heaven'
- India's share in global oil demand expected to rise to 11%, gas to 500%: PM