One of Amazon's most powerful executives, Jeff Wilke, is stepping down in early 2021
- Amazon's consumer chief,
Jeff Wilke, is leaving the company in early 2021.
- Wilke, who reports directly to
AmazonCEO Jeff Bezos, is one of the most powerful executives at the company, overseeing all of Amazon's consumer operations.
- He will be replaced by Dave Clark, Amazon's senior vice president of worldwide operations.
- Bezos praised Wilke in an email to employees: "Jeff's legacy and impact will live on long after he departs. He is simply one of those people without whom Amazon would be completely unrecognizable."
Amazon's consumer boss, Jeff Wilke, is stepping down in early 2021.
The filing said Wilke would be replaced by Dave Clark, Amazon's senior vice president of worldwide operations. Clark, who has been at Amazon since 1999, leads the company's logistics business.Amazon employees told Business Insider's Rachel Premack earlier this year that Clark was a visionary leader who had garnered loyal support within Amazon's ranks. While some said he could set irrationally high standards, others praised his leadership during the coronavirus crisis.
Bezos circulated Wilke's email to Amazon's global workforce and praised Wilke for his contribution to Amazon. Read Bezos' full email below:After more than two decades, Jeff Wilke is planning to retire from Amazon early next year. I've attached below the heartfelt note he just sent to his organization sharing that news. Since Jeff joined the company, I have been lucky enough to have him as my tutor. I've learned so much from him, and I'm not the only one. He's been an incredible teacher to all of us. That form of leadership is so leveraged. When you see us taking care of customers, you can thank Jeff for it. And there's this important point: in tough moments and good ones, he's been just plain fun to work with. Never underestimate the importance of that. It makes a difference.
Jeff's legacy and impact will live on long after he departs. He is simply one of those people without whom Amazon would be completely unrecognizable. Thank you, Jeff, for your contributions and your friendship.
Jeff has also set us up to succeed in his absence. I can't think of someone more suited to step into Jeff's role than Dave Clark. Those of you who have worked with Dave know his incredible passion for serving customers and supporting our employees – I am excited for him to lead our teams and continue innovating for customers.I'd also like to congratulate our new S-team members Alicia Boler Davis, John Felton, and Dave Treadwell. I look forward to inventing with you.
- UP to have cold chain space for 1.23L litres of vaccine
- Wuhan authorities now find Covid-19 on imported frozen food
- From WhiteHat Jr, Big Basket, and Unacademy to Dunzo — these are the Indian startups that reported data leaks over the past few months
- Chennai volunteer for SII's Covid vaccine claims Rs 5 cr compensation for health complications
- ASEAN distances from China's Covid vaccine diplomacy