People are reporting problems using major web services as Verizon Fios experiences outages
- Verizon Fios outages impacted customers on Tuesday as internet users reported trouble accessing major web services.
- The issue appears to be concentrated on the East Coast.
- Verizon said it was looking into the reports and a support account wrote that a fiber had been cut in Brooklyn.
- Amazon, which operates the AWS cloud service powering many major websites, said it's "investigating connectivity issues with an internet provider" mainly impacting the East Coast.
- Outage-tracking website DownDetector saw a spike in issue reports for major websites that have since told Insider their services are up and running.
People are reporting issues using major websites on Tuesday, and it appears to be related to outages impacting Verizon's Fios service.
A spokesperson for Verizon, which had more than 2,000 reports on DownDetector, told Insider it was looking into the reports. Verizon's support account on Twitter wrote that "There is a fiber cut in Brooklyn. We have no ETR, as of yet" and directed impacted users to use the My Fios app for updates.
Verizon Fios customers along the East Coast took to social media to report issues with their service.
The number of issue reports on outage-tracking website Down Detector spiked on Tuesday for websites including
Later on, the company further clarified that between 11:26 a.m. 12:46 p.m. ET, some East Coast AWS customers experienced connectivity issues. "Connectivity to instances and services within the Region were not impacted by the event. Internet traffic to/from other external providers was also not impacted. All AWS services continue to operate normally."
Before noon ET, DownDetector showed more than 1,200 people reporting problems with Amazon Web Services, but the number of problems has since tapered off. An Amazon spokesperson told Insider the company did not see any issues on its end with the cloud service.
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders