SpaceX raised a total of $1.5 billion this year, following $337 million of fundraising in December
SpaceXhas raised $337 million in a new fundinground, per a regulatory filing on Wednesday.
- This means
Elon Musk's company has raised a total of nearly $1.5 billion this year.
SpaceX, the private aero
SpaceX raised $850 million in February, sending its valuation soaring to around $74 billion. The company then added $314 million to the pot, bringing its new total equity raised to $1.16 billion, according to a securities filing in April, reported by CNBC.
SpaceX didn't immediately respond to Insider's request for comment about the recent funding round.
The space company is accumulating cash as it continues to launch
Musk said in November that SpaceX plans to launch its Starship spaceship into orbit for the first time in January, but warned during a video call with members of the National Academy of Sciences that the initial flight might not succeed.
SpaceX's ambition to land humans on Mars will happen in 10 years' time, in the worst-case scenario, Musk said in an episode of the Lex Fridman Podcast released on Tuesday.
- Mehmet Oz says he was 'exhausted' when he filmed viral 'Wegner's' gaffe, adding it's not a big deal because 'I've gotten my kids' names wrong as well'
- Life and times of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala — the man behind the trader
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Shimla stipulated 75 ponds Amrit Sarovar for water conservation to mark Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav
- Mumbai breathes its cleanest air ever for the second time this monsoon
- Reliance Jio, Voda step up hiring as 5G related job postings up 65%
- Rupee gains 22 paise against the dollar as crude prices ease, FPIs come back
- Cabinet clears proposal to raise ECLGS corpus to Rs 5 lakh cr for tourism and hospitality sector