Verizon is giving all of its customers an extra 15GB of data for a month, even for unlimited plans
Crystal Cox/Business Insider
- Verizon is giving all of its mobile customers an extra 15GB of data for a month - starting from March 25 to April 30.
- For unlimited data customers, the extra 15GB of data is going toward mobile hotspot functionality.
- Customers don't need to do anything to get the extra 15GB of data - it'll be automatically added to plans.
- Verizon's move comes at a time when many of its customers are connected to their home WiFi instead of wireless mobile networks, but the extra data serves as a good backup in case something goes wrong with home internet or WiFi connections.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Verizon announced on Monday that it's giving all of its wireless mobile customers, including consumers and small businesses, an extra 15GB of data starting on March 25 until April 30.The extra 15GB of data applies to customers on both metered and unlimited plans, and customers don't need to do anything to get the extra data - Verizon says "the data will automatically be added to your plan."
For those on metered plans, mobile hotspot functionality uses up your regular data limit.Here's the information from Verizon:
"From March 25 through April 30, wireless consumer and small business customers will see an additional 15GB of data added to their plan for no additional charge. New consumer and business customers can also take advantage of this additional data. Specifically:
- For Verizon consumer and small business postpaid unlimited customers, 15GB of 4G LTE hotspot data will be added to your current plan.
- For Verizon consumer prepaid and consumer and small business postpaid metered customers, 15GB will be added to your current standalone or shared data plan, which can be used for smartphone, hotspot or other connected device use.
- Standalone metered and unlimited Jetpack plans will also be provided an additional 15GB of 4G LTE data.
There is no action needed as the data will automatically be added to your plan."
Get the latest coronavirus news and updates on how COVID-19 impacts our daily lives and businesses.
- K'taka health minister defends Covaxin, says it's safe
- Expert panel recommends Phase 1 trial of nasal Covid-19 vaccine (IANS Exclusive, Lead)
- Bombay High Court permits Sebamed ads targeting Dove with no changes and asks to put an end on Lux’s comparison with Rin
- Vaccine hesitancy among healthcare workers must end: Govt
- Software firm Magenic is the third acquisition of Cognizant in January this year