The 13 best schools to find the next $1 billion 'Unicorn' startup
Aly Weisman / Business Insider
You might think the most successful startups are born in garages (following the famous HP script), but a lot of the most innovative tech ideas were actually made in college dorm rooms.
Research firm Pitchbook determined which schools have created the most companies with a valuation over $1 billion, the so-called "unicorn" companies, before going public. The firm looked at all the unicorn founders and tallied up which schools had produced the most billion dollar companies (whether the unicorns were actually created at the school or the founders created the companies after leaving the school).
See which schools breed the most unicorns:
- Chip shortage hits new brands in tough Indian laptop market
- Petrol and diesel prices hiked again by 35 paise for fifth consecutive day across the country
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022
- ICICI Bank net profit rises 25% on lower provisions in September quarter