The best smartphone maker you've never heard of is announcing a new smartphone in May that's expected to have a more advanced display than the iPhone or Galaxy S10
- OnePlus is announcing its OnePlus 7 smartphones on May 14.
- The company will announced its OnePlus 7 Pro smartphone, and is expected to also announce the regular OnePlus 7 model.
- The OnePlus 7 Pro will have 5G connectivity, as well as a special display that OnePlus CEO Pete Lau says is "super smooth" and "very crisp."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
OnePlus is announcing its new OnePlus 7 smartphones, including the OnePlus 7 Pro, on May 14.
The OnePlus 7 smartphones will be the successors to the company's OnePlus 6T smartphones that were released in November 2018.
The OnePlus 7 is expected to come with more incremental updates over the OnePlus 6T, while the OnePlus 7 Pro will come with more premium features, like a special display that OnePlus CEO Pete Lau says is "super smooth" and "very crisp." It'll also come with 5G connectivity.
This is the first time that OnePlus will launch two different smartphone variants with differing features.
The company is hosting events in four different countries:
- Pier 94, New York - 11 a.m. EDT on May 14
- Printworks, London - 4 a.m. BST on May 14
- BIEC, Bangalore, India - 8:15 p.m. IST on May 14
- Yanqi Lake, Beijing - 2 p.m. PST on May 16
Tickets sales for the events will start on April 25 from OnePlus's website at 11 a.m, where early bird tickets will cost $20. Early bird ticket sales will last for 48 hours, after which standard and "Plus One" tickets will be sold. OnePlus did not list the price for regular ticket sales.
- Explained: TCS on your child's overseas education and mitigating strategies
- From Pixel 8 to Galaxy S23 FE – smartphones launching in October 2023
- World Cup 2023 final squads – Ind, Aus, Eng and all the other teams
- Eating your way to clear vision: 10 foods for healthy eyes
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine