The Most-Downloaded Torrent of 2013 Is Completely Free And Legal
BitTorrent Inc. has spearheaded a number of publicity campaigns for authors and musicians who want a free and easy way to disperse their work.
The company notably teamed up with Tim Ferriss, author of "Four Hour Chef," to put out a torrent of bonus pages and book material to drum up some publicity. It was downloaded more than 1.5 million times.
It was a similar type of promotional torrent from musician Moby last year, featuring several tracks from his upcoming album "Innocents" that nabbed the top spot, however: 8.9 million people downloaded it and more than 150,000 people are still sharing it and making it further available for download, reports Torrent Freak.
Moby's legit torrent occupies the No. 1 spot, and the No. 2 and 3 torrents, which come from the Epic Meal Time cooking Web series and a band called Kaskade, respectively, are also out there with the creators' blessings.
BitTorrent's not about piracy. If anything, it's proving itself to be a moneymaking promotional tool.
- Unlike millennials, GenZ employees don’t want to quit but want fewer working hours
- IIT Bombay and JSW Group to establish a technology hub for steel manufacturing
- Realme 9i 5G Review - 5G Upgrade With Cosmetic Changes
- Top 5 automatic cars under ₹10 lakh in India
- India's demand for the yellow metal rises 43% in Q2: World Gold Council