This is why San Francisco's insane housing market has hit the crisis point
Kyle Russell/Business Insider
Those five years saw a lot of change in the city, as tensions between long-time San Francisco residents and the tech industry hit a fever pitch.
It all traces its roots back to the San Francisco Bay Area's housing crisis, where people are going to ridiculous lengths, including living in boats, vans, and cardboard boxes, just to make ends meet.
The thing is, San Francisco has been here before the tech industry was even a thing, and we'll be here again. And it's all because of some decisions made in the 1950s and 1960s.
- Best pet beds to buy in India
- Best pickle jars for storage in India
- Best clutches for women in India
- Punjab National Bank's net profit more than doubles to ₹1,127 crore
- Karnataka legislature joint session from Feb 14, budget in March first week