Today’s top tech news: TikTok’s new phone, Xiaomi’s Black Shark and Samsung’s ‘deepfake’
ByteDance, TikTok's parent company is looking to rumoured to be working on a smartphone of its ownGoogle Play Store/TikTok
- The company behind TikTok, Bytedance, is making the switch from software to hardware with rumours of a new smartphone in the making.
- Xiaomi-backed tech company, Black Shark, just launched their gaming phone starting at ₹39,999 undercutting the only other gaming phone in the market, the ASUS ROG phone.
- Samsung's AI Center in Moscow's come up with a way to produce 'deepfakes' with using just one image.
- Microsoft and IDC's new report shows that business leaders and employees differ in opinion when it comes to how AI will impact jobs.
- Lenskart, the eyewear startup, could be joining the league of India's unicorn startups with new funding coming in at $350 million.
This Tech Insider’s daily dose of tech news
— everything that’s happening in tech that you need to know about today:
After mobile apps, ByteDance wants to launch its own mobile phone
Samsung’s new ‘deepfake’ tech can make Einstein and Mona Lisa come back to lifeAdvertisement
AI is threatening small jobs but Indian workers are oblivious
Xiaomi-backed Black Shark threatens to break ASUS’ monopoly over gaming phones in IndiaAdvertisement
Lenskart tees up to join the unicorn club