Uber has confidentially filed to go public
Uber has confidentially filed an S-1 document in preparation to hold its long-awaited IPO, according to a report from The Wall Street Journal.
The report comes just days after Uber's arch-rival, Lyft, also filed its initial paperwork to go public, and the two are now racing to be the first to float in 2019.
According to the WSJ's report, Uber might go public "as soon as the first quarter," and it is calling the planning "Project Liberty."
Uber did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.
This story is developing...
- Better.com CEO accused hundreds of the 900 people he laid off on Zoom of 'stealing' by working only 2 hours daily
- Crypto FAQs answered — everything you need to know about crypto regulations, trading, taxes and CBDC in India
- Indian government is reportedly looking to regulate work from home with a comprehensive framework
- India's income inequality is so bad that's weighing down the avg in both South Asia and SouthEast Asia
- Meet the Indian-origin women CEOs who are leading the way for major global companies
- SuperRare NFT sells for more than $2 million — a 20,000-fold increase in value over three years
- Microsoft to skill 1 lakh Indians in cybersecurity by 2022
- Love procrastinating? It can help you earn Rs 1 lakh by applying for Chief Excuse Officer at Cultbike.fit