Uber has confidentially filed to go public
Uber has confidentially filed an S-1 document in preparation to hold its long-awaited IPO, according to a report from The Wall Street Journal.The report comes just days after Uber's arch-rival, Lyft, also filed its initial paperwork to go public, and the two are now racing to be the first to float in 2019.Advertisement
According to the WSJ's report, Uber might go public "as soon as the first quarter," and it is calling the planning "Project Liberty."
Uber did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.This story is developing...
- Founder of S African Hindu political party succumbs to COVID-19
- US House Speaker tests positive for coronavirus
- Assam's COVID-19 tally rises to 11,736 with 735 fresh cases
- Kerala govt makes compulsory for public to follow COVID-19 norms till 2021
- Jharkhand reports 53 new cases of COVID-19, 1 more death