Uber is now more valuable than Ford, GM, and a bunch of huge public companies
Uber is reportedly shopping itself to investors for another round of funding, and this time it's seeking a valuation of $62.5 billion.
As this chart from Statista shows, that means Uber is now more valuable than the major U.S. car companies Ford and GM, more than media giants like Fox and Time-Warner Cable, and almost twice as much as eBay.This is despite the fact that Uber almost certainly loses money, and has a fraction of these companies' revenue. Uber was expected to have net revenue of about $2 billion this year, compared with 2014 revenues of almost $18 billion for eBay, $23 billion for Time-Warner, and $136 billion for Ford.
- When magicpin got Vijay Raaz to troll CRED
- Uttar Pradesh government announces Sunday lockdown amid rising COVID-19 cases in the state
- OPPO A74 smartphone with 5G support and 90Hz display to launch in India soon, to be priced under ₹20,000
- VCs say 10 unicorns in 4 months may seem too small by the end of this year
- Timelapse in Google Earth shows you the slow and scary demise of our only home in 3D