Users In China Are Reporting That Instagram Has Been Blocked, Likely In Response To The Hong Kong Protests
Bobby Yip / Reuters
Citizens in Hong Kong are protesting the government in Beijing to allow them to practice "full democracy." If Instagram is blocked in China as the Twitter reports indicate, it's likely to keep images of the protest, which include police firing tear gas at demonstrators, from spreading.
Here's one tweet from an Instagram user in China:
We've reached out to Instagram for confirmation.
- WhatsApp testing cashback in a bid to push payments in India
- Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan, Suresh Raina and more — Indian players with most runs in IPL history
- Supreme Court to pronounce order next week on pleas seeking independent probe into Pegasus snooping row
- KPIT Technologies to acquire Future Mobility Solutions for ₹135 crore
- IndiGo bullish on festive season, may see demand reach pre-COVID levels in December