Xbox announced a bunch of new stuff over the weekend - here are the 8 things to get excited about
While you were out picking apples and making Thanksgiving plans this past weekend, Microsoft's Xbox group was in Mexico City dropping a bunch of major announcements.
What kind of announcements? We're talking about major game release dates ("Crackdown 3" is coming in February), major additions to Microsoft's killer Game Pass service ("PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds"!), and even a couple of full-on acquisitions.
Here's the most important stuff Microsoft announced on Saturday:
Get the latest Microsoft stock price here.
1. "Crackdown 3" is finally arriving on February 15.
2. Microsoft is buying Obsidian Entertainment and inXile Entertainment — two RPG powerhouse game studios.
3. One of the biggest console exclusive games, "PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds," is heading to Game Pass.
4. A major expansion is coming to "Forza Horizon 4" in December: Fortune Island.
5. The Xbox One will be less expensive than ever this holiday: both the Xbox One S and Xbox One X are getting a $100 price drop during November.
6. A mess of "Final Fantasy" games are coming to the Xbox One.
7. A bunch of games are getting mouse-and-keyboard control support, including "Fortnite."
8. Microsoft is bringing back its "Summer of Arcade" promotions in a new form: "Winter of Arcade," kicking off in December.
Popular on BI
- A top AI researcher reportedly left Google for OpenAI after sharing concerns the company was training Bard on ChatGPT data
- An AI researcher who has been warning about the technology for over 20 years says we should 'shut it all down,' and issue an 'indefinite and worldwide' ban
- What is an indictment? What it means for someone to be indicted by a grand jury and why Trump was charged
- India reports 3,824 new Covid cases
- 77% of young Indians now spend the most on phones, apparels
- Global Pharma recalls 50,000 tubes of contaminated eye drops in US: USFDA
- Former India cricketer Salim Durani passes away aged 88; PM Narendra Modi, Ravi Shastri lead tributes
- India successfully achieves autonomous landing of Space vehicle