You can control your computer from anywhere in the world with your phone - here's how
If you use the Chrome web browser, you can control your computer with your smartphone or tablet with Google's Chrome Remote Desktop app from anywhere in the world.
Not only that, you can control your mouse by swiping on the screen, and it's incredibly easy to use.Watch here how I'm putting my work computer to sleep from this Galaxy S7 Active:
In fact, I'm writing this sentence right here on my iPhone using the Chrome Remote Desktop app. Check it out!
It works over WiFi, as well as LTE, and I was surprised by how responsive it was. There wasn't that much lag between the input on my iPhone and mouse movements/typing on my computer.Unfortunately, it can't wake your computer when it's in sleep mode, and the Remote Desktop function can be temperamental at times and suddenly decide that it doesn't want to work anymore. Still, it's pretty cool and amazing that it's as responsive as it is. Why would you want to do this? The real question is: Why wouldn't you want to? There have been numerous times when I wish I could access my computer at home while I'm at work to download something so it's ready when I get home.
It's incredibly easy to set this up, see how:
- Here’s a tiny washing machine that cleans your TWS earbuds in two minutes
- 106-year-old woman in Madhya Pradesh gets her first COVID-19 vaccine
- Facebook's ad delivery system shows gender bias, says new study
- Check out the top 10 batsmen with the highest strike rate in all IPL matches
- Petrol pumps closed in Rajasthan as dealers demand rollback of VAT on fuel