$1 billion job review website Glassdoor is reportedly making its first steps towards a 2018 IPO
- Glassdoor is looking for banks to advise the company on a planned 2018 IPO, according to Bloomberg.
- The timing is still up in the air, but the company has an eye on the second half of 2018, according to the report.
- Glassdoor, which lets employees leave anonymous and honest reviews of their employers, was last valued at over $1 billion in a 2016 funding round.
The job review website Glassdoor could go public in 2018, Bloomberg reports.
Glassdoor is interviewing banks to advise on an initial public offering, which could come in the second half of 2018, sources told Bloomberg.
Glassdoor has raised $204.5 million in venture capital, according to Crunchbase. Its most recent funding round was in 2016, when the company raised $40 million at a reported valuation of over $1 billion, in a deal led by T. Rowe Price.
"As a matter of policy, we do not comment on unsubstantiated reports," a spokeswoman for Glassdoor told Business Insider.
Glassdoor, which was founded in 2007, is known primarily as a platform for letting employees anonymously leave honest reviews of their past or current employers, making it a popular resource for job-seekers. But it also sells products aimed at recruiters, such as sponsored job listings and recruitment services.
Last month, the company hired a new chief financial officer - a key step for many companies looking to take the leap from privately-held startup to publicly traded company. The new CFO, James Cox, previously served as CFO for Advent Software, a publicly-traded investment management software company.
Notably, T. Rowe Price is also a major investor in Dropbox, the cloud storage startup which filed the S-1 form required to take a company public on Friday.
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- A half-mile installation just took 20,000 pounds of plastic out of the Pacific - proof that ocean garbage can be cleaned
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles