A homeless 'bum blogger' is blowing up on YouTube - but some people think he's a phony
But some are speculating that the clean-shaven budding video star isn't homeless at all.The 43-year-old man started posting videos after he discovered that he could use social media to earn an income, The Guardian reported.Advertisement
"Every subscriber and every click on an ad help me get closer to a normal life," The Moscow Times translated from Yakut's VKontakte (Russian Facebook) page.
He has also joined Instagram and currently has over 3,500 followers.Questions have been raised because Yakut is surprisingly active on social-media platforms, given his homeless status, The Daily Dot reported.
The videos are credited to Yakut's friend, Andrei Voodoo, but there is no other information provided about the mystery man helping him create content.Advertisement
Based on his clean appearance, people have also expressed concern that the "bum blogger," might not be telling the truth, the Guardian reported. Yakut insists he maintains his strict "dress code" so he will be allowed to use public bathrooms in the city. Advertisement
In his other videos, Yakut explains how he survives as a self-described "bum." He sleeps under a manhole cover and keeps clean by using public restroom sinks as makeshift showers.Advertisement
Before joining YouTube, Yakut earned money solely by selling books and other items he fished out of the city's garbage cans. Each book is worth about 18 cents, The Moscow Times reported.Advertisement
- Elon Musk's SpaceX will launch another 60 Starlink internet satellites into Earth’s orbit tonight
- Farmers protest in India intensify — Kerala MP and Punjab CM to move the Supreme Court, three Punjab BJP leaders resign
- Best smartphones with 256GB of internal storage
- Maharashtra’s restaurants and bars are likely to reopen for dine-in services
- SBI waives processing fee for car, gold and personal loans availed using YONO