A homeless 'bum blogger' is blowing up on YouTube - but some people think he's a phony
But some are speculating that the clean-shaven budding video star isn't homeless at all.The 43-year-old man started posting videos after he discovered that he could use social media to earn an income, The Guardian reported.
He has also joined Instagram and currently has over 3,500 followers.Questions have been raised because Yakut is surprisingly active on social-media platforms, given his homeless status, The Daily Dot reported.
The videos are credited to Yakut's friend, Andrei Voodoo, but there is no other information provided about the mystery man helping him create content.
Based on his clean appearance, people have also expressed concern that the "bum blogger," might not be telling the truth, the Guardian reported. Yakut insists he maintains his strict "dress code" so he will be allowed to use public bathrooms in the city.
In his other videos, Yakut explains how he survives as a self-described "bum." He sleeps under a manhole cover and keeps clean by using public restroom sinks as makeshift showers.
Before joining YouTube, Yakut earned money solely by selling books and other items he fished out of the city's garbage cans. Each book is worth about 18 cents, The Moscow Times reported.
- Petrol, diesel prices hiked again after a three day pause
- Gurugram: Over 4,500 health workers to get vaccine on Monday
- 13,788 new coronavirus infections reported in the last 24 hours in India
- The ₹4,600 crore IPO from IRFC is ‘attractive,’ and the best thing about the borrowing arm for Indian Railways is the assured margin
- Realme and Samsung top consumer choices in the mid-range segment as per a survey