CHART OF THE DAY: Mobile Ad Revenue Is Exploding, But Still Pretty Tiny Overall
The IAB is out with its latest stats on digital advertising (download a .pdf here).
One thing that stands out from the report is the exploding growth of mobile advertising. It's now 15% of all online advertising, up from 7% the year before.While it's growing, mobile is still pretty small overall. For the first half of this year, mobile ad revenue was $3 billion, up from $1.2 billion the year before. Advertisement
When you consider all the major ad supported companies that are focused on mobile - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google, pop to mind - it's sort of crazy to think about them splitting ~$6 billion in revenue this year.
- Uttarakhand's Covid-19 tally increases to 802— Dehradun accounts for 25 fresh cases
- AB InBev reevaluating short, mid-term plans; seeks reduction in high tax on beer
- SGPGIMS develops RNA -based cheaper and faster test for COVID-19
- AP records single day largest spurt of 110 COVID-19 cases;
- Singapore gears up to exit circuit breaker from Monday, reports 518 new coronavirus cases