The 12 major US cities with the best public transportation
Michael Semensohn / flickr
But are the city's subways and buses really that horrendous compared to other cities?
The institutes created a metric called the AllTransit Performance Score for subways, light rails, bike shares, and buses in US cities and towns. Using open data from 7,236 cities, researchers looked at factors like affordability, access to jobs, frequency of service, quality, and number of stops. The goal is to encourage policymakers to improve public transportation.
The researchers compiled an ultimate ranking of public transportation in all of these cities and towns. On the site, you can filter by zip code and population.
Here are the top cities with at least 250,000 residents.
- Elon Musk said Twitter will start showing users how many people have seen their tweets, and got Jack Dorsey's approval
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- A janitor laid off at Twitter's headquarters said one of Elon Musk's team members told him he'd be replaced by robots
- Best mattress in India
- Rupee gains 10 paise to close at 82.28 against US dollar
- Sensex, Nifty50 log declines to close the week in red – IT, PSU banks and energy stocks drag
- Over 1.83 lakh Indians renounced their citizenship till October says external affairs ministry
- BharatPe files arbitration to claw back co-founder Ashneer Grover's unvested 1.4% shares