We're Now Posting A Staggering 1.8 Billion Photos Every Day
Kleiner Perkins partner Mary Meeker's massive "state of the internet" presentation contains this slide on photos in social media that totally blows us away. Back in 2008, we uploaded very few photos to the internet.
But today, we're uploading 1.8 billion images to Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, Snapchat, and WhatsApp every day. (Obviously, many millions of them are selfies.) That is the rough equivalent of one photo for every person on the planet - including billions of people in the developing world who have no access to technology - in less than a week.
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning
- India, Japan agree to strengthen economic cooperation including achieving progress on high-speed railway project
- India rises to No 1 in ODIs, becomes top ranked team in all formats
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x