We're Now Posting A Staggering 1.8 Billion Photos Every Day
Kleiner Perkins partner Mary Meeker's massive "state of the internet" presentation contains this slide on photos in social media that totally blows us away. Back in 2008, we uploaded very few photos to the internet.
But today, we're uploading 1.8 billion images to Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, Snapchat, and WhatsApp every day. (Obviously, many millions of them are selfies.) That is the rough equivalent of one photo for every person on the planet - including billions of people in the developing world who have no access to technology - in less than a week.
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022
- ICICI Bank net profit rises 25% on lower provisions in September quarter
- Best keyboard for writers in India
- Best large size party speakers in India
- Best smart home security cameras in India