Amazon just announced a $60 smart Alexa-powered microwave you can control with your voice
Amazon unveiled its new Amazon Basics Microwave during an event in Seattle on Thursday. The microwave is available to pre-order on Thursday, and costs $60. It'll ship later this month.
It looks like a pretty basic microwave, as you can see in the photo above, but Amazon's microwave comes with Alexa built-in. The company says "you can cook just by asking Alexa."
The Amazon Basics Microwave will include "dozens of quick-cook voice presets." It has a built-in "Ask Alexa" button you can press to tell Alexa how long you want to cook, too: "Cook for two minutes and fifteen seconds," for example.
It'll also have Amazon's Dash functionality, which can re-order food items when you're running low.
- From Pixel 8 to Galaxy S23 FE – smartphones launching in October 2023
- World Cup 2023 final squads – Ind, Aus, Eng and all the other teams
- Eating your way to clear vision: 10 foods for healthy eyes
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine
- Centre's fiscal deficit at Aug-end touches 36% of full-year target: CGA