Apple Care for the $10,000 Apple Watch may be insanely expensive
Apple could charge up to $999 for the Apple Watch Edition's Apple Care+ Protection Plan, reports Gurman, which would include an extra year of 24/7 support and coverage for two incidents of accidental damage.
Out of the box, the Apple Watch Edition already includes two years of 24/7 support and a special setup hotline.
The Apple Care plans for the less expensive Apple Watches will add a second year of around-the-clock assistance and support for two incidents of accidental hardware damage. These plans, however, will cost between $59 and $79 according to Gurman.
It's unclear exactly why the plan for Apple's high-end watch may cost so much more. The main differences between the two plans, based on Gurman's report, is three years of 24/7 coverage instead of two. Gurman notes that the pricing equals about 10% of the product's base cost, which is what Apple charges for Apple Care for its $2,999 Mac Pro.
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn