Apple Care for the $10,000 Apple Watch may be insanely expensive
Apple could charge up to $999 for the Apple Watch Edition's Apple Care+ Protection Plan, reports Gurman, which would include an extra year of 24/7 support and coverage for two incidents of accidental damage.
Out of the box, the Apple Watch Edition already includes two years of 24/7 support and a special setup hotline.
The Apple Care plans for the less expensive Apple Watches will add a second year of around-the-clock assistance and support for two incidents of accidental hardware damage. These plans, however, will cost between $59 and $79 according to Gurman.
It's unclear exactly why the plan for Apple's high-end watch may cost so much more. The main differences between the two plans, based on Gurman's report, is three years of 24/7 coverage instead of two. Gurman notes that the pricing equals about 10% of the product's base cost, which is what Apple charges for Apple Care for its $2,999 Mac Pro.
- A married couple with a 4-month-old baby were both laid off by Google, while one of them was on parental leave
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- Google makes changes to Android and Google Play services in India after CCI setback
- 'Padma Shri' honour encapsulates my entire body of work: Raveena Tandon
- PMV Electric car with no front passenger seat enters Shark Tank but exits with no deal
- The Union Budget is round the corner, but is your budget sorted?
- Have you ever observed your mother's time management skills?: Modi on Pariksha Pe Charcha