Apple's new iPhones in 2019 reportedly won't include a type of charger that's become standard on Android phones
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
- The iPhones that Apple is likely announcing in 2019 will supposedly come with the same old charging bricks that are considered slow by today's standards, according to the latest rumor.
- Apple has missed two opportunities with its latest two generations of iPhones to include a fast-charging brick.
- It looks like Apple won't be switching over to the universal USB-C port for its 2019 iPhones, either, and it'll stick with its proprietary Lightning port and cables.
The iPhones that Apple will release in 2019 will come with the same old 5W charging brick that Apple has included with its iPhones for years, according to Japanese Apple blog, MacOtakara.That means the 2019 Apple iPhones won't come with fast-charging bricks, which have essentially become standard on several Android devices from several Android phone makers. These days, Apple's 5W iPhone charging brick looks slow and outdated compared to the competition. Advertisement
If the details in MacOtakara's report are accurate, it means that 2019 iPhone users will need to buy fast-charging bricks as separate accessories if they want to take advantage of faster charging speeds. Anyone who has already bought fast-charging bricks for their iPhone 8 or newer iPhones will likely still be able to use them for Apple's 2019 crop of iPhones.
MacOtakara's report also claims that Apple's 2019 iPhones will still come a regular USB-A-to-Lightning cable, which suggests two things:1. Apple may not be replacing its proprietary Lightning port and cable with USB-C for charging iPhones in 2019 after all. Recent rumors have suggested that Apple's 2019 iPhones will switch over from Lightning to USB-C ports.
2. You still won't be able to connect Apple's iPhones directly to any recent Mac laptop for charging or transferring data, as the included charging cable still uses the regular USB-A port while Apple's recent laptops only come with USB-C ports. You'll still need an adapter to connect Apple's iPhones to Apple's recent laptops.It's still early days for 2019 iPhone rumors, and a lot can change between now and September, when Apple typically announces new iPhones.
- To resonate with consumers, brands need to cater to the growing need of hygiene and holistic well-being: Mark Leadercramer, Mintel
- WhatsApp to soon allow its users to sync their chat history on atleast 4 devices
- Karnataka SSLC class 10 exam Result 2020 to be announced today at 3pm
- HAL’s share price jumps by over 8% as defence stocks rally after India announces import ban
- Delhi Police saves the life of 27-year old man who was showing "suicidal activity" on Facebook