Boeing spent 18 hours drawing an outline of the 787 Dreamliner across America
While test flights are quite common, what made this unusual was the shape of the flight path.
"Rather than fly in random patterns, the test team got creative, flying a route that outlined a 787-8 in the skies over 22 states," a Boeing spokesman told Business Insider.
The nose of the Dreamliner outline points towards Boeing's home in Washington, its wings stretch from Northern Michigan to South Texas, and the tail reaches Alabama.
Incredibly, this isn't the first time Boeing's test team got creative with their flight routes. Boeing engineers used an eight-hour-long test flight of a 737MAX to spell out the words MAX across Washington and Montana.
Get the latest Boeing stock price here.
NOW WATCH: Here's why most planes are white
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- Top 5 Places to visit in Mahabaleshwar
- Former TCS CEO Rajesh Gopinathan's pay jumped 13.17% to ₹29.16 cr in FY23
- Samsung Galaxy F54 5G: A top specs phone under Rs 30,000 but with fast charging still a miss
- TCS looking to grab opportunities arising due to global shifts in energy and supply chain, says Chandrasekaran
- Maruti Suzuki Jimny vs Honda Elevate – Which SUV suits your need