Boeing spent 18 hours drawing an outline of the 787 Dreamliner across America
While test flights are quite common, what made this unusual was the shape of the flight path.
"Rather than fly in random patterns, the test team got creative, flying a route that outlined a 787-8 in the skies over 22 states," a Boeing spokesman told Business Insider.
The nose of the Dreamliner outline points towards Boeing's home in Washington, its wings stretch from Northern Michigan to South Texas, and the tail reaches Alabama.
Incredibly, this isn't the first time Boeing's test team got creative with their flight routes. Boeing engineers used an eight-hour-long test flight of a 737MAX to spell out the words MAX across Washington and Montana.
Get the latest Boeing stock price here.
NOW WATCH: Here's why most planes are white
- Corbevax price slashed to ₹250 per dose inclusive of GST
- IT professionals with 5-10 year experience are the best paid people in India
- Best toy bikes to keep your kids engaged
- New Range Rover Sport revealed in India— check features, specifications and more here
- Three new IPOs opening this week — Paradeep Phosphates, Ethos, eMudhra while LIC to list on exchanges tomorrow