Facebook is building its own TV app to show longer videos
Facebook is building its own TV app to work with set-top boxes like the Apple TV, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal on Tuesday.
The app would give Facebook a way to encourage its users to watch longer videos, a goal the company has already signaled in conversations with content creators and recent tweaks to the Facebook News Feed.
Facebook is currently testing mid-roll ads that play during the middle of videos on its network, and the Journal notes that Facebook plans to show those ads in its unreleased TV app as well.
A Facebook spokesperson wasn't immediately available to comment.
Visit Markets Insider for constantly updated market quotes for individual stocks, ETFs, indices, commodities and currencies traded around the world. Go Now!
- Sansera Engineering IPO — How to check allotment status, listing date and more
- The collapse of Evergrande, one of China’s largest home developers, is “not a Lehman moment” but the fear may haunt steel and metal stocks in India
- Amazon is investigating its lawyers for allegedly bribing Indian government officials
- Noise ropes in Taapsee Pannu as its brand ambassador for smart wearables
- Online fantasy gaming startup earns almost five times Dhoni's Chennai Super Kings
- Samsung's first F-series phone with 5G support, Galaxy F42, to launch soon
- 2021 Yamaha R15 V4.0, R15M, Aerox 155 launched in India — all you need to know
- Tara Sutaria to be the face of Olay India's premium skincare range