Facebook is building its own TV app to show longer videos
Facebook is building its own TV app to work with set-top boxes like the Apple TV, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal on Tuesday.
The app would give Facebook a way to encourage its users to watch longer videos, a goal the company has already signaled in conversations with content creators and recent tweaks to the Facebook News Feed.
Facebook is currently testing mid-roll ads that play during the middle of videos on its network, and the Journal notes that Facebook plans to show those ads in its unreleased TV app as well.
A Facebook spokesperson wasn't immediately available to comment.
Visit Markets Insider for constantly updated market quotes for individual stocks, ETFs, indices, commodities and currencies traded around the world. Go Now!
- DGCA slaps ₹10L fine on Go Air for leaving behind 55 passengers at B'luru airport
- Vedanta Q3 net profit drops 41% on higher input costs
- ED attaches 32 properties worth ₹70 crore in fraudulent TDS refund case
- RRR surpasses Cruise’s Top Gun 2 & Spielberg’s The Fabelmans in the top 10 movies of 2022
- Weekend OTTs: Ayushmann Khurrana’s ‘An Action Hero’ to ghost hunts with ‘Lockwood and Co’