Facebook Is Close To Buying Israeli Startup Waze For $1 Billion
Due diligence is underway after a term sheet was signed, Calcalist said, adding that talks began six months ago.
Waze uses satellite signals from members' smartphones to generate maps and traffic data, which it then shares with other users, offering real-time traffic info.
Officials at Waze declined to comment on the report.
Waze and Facebook partnered in October 2012 when Waze released its updated version that allows users to share their drive with their Facebook friends.
This would be Facebook's third acquisition in
In the last year, Waze tripled its user base to 45 million and in March alone, 1.5 million users downloaded the free mobile navigation app, Calcalist said.
(Reporting by Tova Cohen; Editing by David Cowell)
- Smart farming can prove to be a game changer in the coming days
- India must pitch for Rupee as dollar distancing might be finally happening: SBI Ecowrap
- Snapchat+ comes to India with exclusive features — here's how much it costs and how to sign up
- Xiaomi’s CyberOne humanoid robot can detect human emotions and costs as much as a Ford Mustang
- Markets may open slightly higher as they await Indian inflation data