Facebook will soon roll out its plan to make money from Messenger
Businesses that already have message threads with consumers will soon be able to send them ads like sale announcements or product information.A business won't be able to contact anyone with an ad that it hasn't already chatted with, according to the leaked documents.
The move isn't particularly surprising - Facebook has made a number of product changes in the last year leading up to this capability.It completely overhauled its Pages product for businesses, adding new call-to-action buttons to allow potential customers to book appointments or browse products, and made it possible for all businesses to use its Messaging tools.
And last year, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said that once it gets enough businesses using Messenger, it will start creating new ways to make them pay. Looks like that time is nearly here.Facebook declined to comment on this report.
- Airtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
- Sequoia and PayPal-backed Pine Labs completes a first close of $285 million funding round from new investors
- BJP spent significantly less on advertising during Kerala elections this year, its ad insertions on TV, Radio and Print decreased from 21% in 2016 to 1% in 2021
- Google I/O 2021: Here's what to expect from Google's biggest annual conference
- ISRO announces its decision to share technology to make portable medical oxygen concentrators developed by VSSC