Hacker group claims it breached Sony's PlayStation Network and stole information
The backbone of Sony's wildly popular PlayStation 4 video game console is the PlayStation Network. It's the online service that powers Sony's digital storefront, all online gaming on the PS4, and much more. If you're using a PlayStation 4 online in any capacity, you're using PSN.
On Sunday evening, hackers claimed to have breached PSN and stolen database information. The group, named "OurMine," was able to overtake Sony's official PlayStation-branded Twitter accounts to announce the alleged hack:The accounts were quickly retaken by Sony, and the tweets from the hackers were deleted. A handful of Twitter users captured the moment before it was gone, as seen above.
"We got only registration info [usernames, names, emails, etc.]. No, we are not going to release it. We are a security group; we will only send it to Sony to prove it. And no, Sony haven't contact us yet."Sony didn't respond to our request for comment as of publishing.
- Argentine Football legend Diego Maradona, 60, dead
- Bengal Minister Hakim likely to take part in Covaxin Phase-3 trial
- Headspace to offer unlimited access to students from IIT and IIM in India for six months
- Cyclone Nivar likely to cross coast tonight, TN CM declares one more day holiday
- Delhi's air quality deteriorates to 'severe' category due to slow winds