Here's what we know about Bobby Murphy, Snapchat's mysterious billionaire cofounder
CEO Evan Spiegel is the public face of Snapchat parent company Snap Inc., but Bobby Murphy also wields considerable power as its cofounder and chief technology officer.
Together, Murphy and Spiegel own the vast majority of Snap's voting stock, giving them complete control over the company's future. Now that Snap has gone public, Murphy has an estimated net worth of around $5.4 billion.
Unlike Spiegel, Murphy has maintained a decidedly low profile since the beginning of the company. He's only given a handful of interviews, and little is known about his personal life.
People who've worked with Murphy describe the 28-year-old as smart, friendly, and quiet.
"I'd describe him almost like a monk," Snapchat's first hire, David Kravitz, told Forbes in 2014. "I don't think I've ever seen him upset."
We've pulled the highlights of Murphy's life and career from interviews he's given over the years and Business Insider's own reporting:
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- Elizabeth Holmes was so obsessed with Steve Jobs she wanted an Apple flag flown half-mast at Theranos after he died: book
- Dabur Amla hair oil ad featuring Deepika Padukone restricted from WhatsApp circulation
- Shekhar Kapoor reported to be working on sequel of cult classic film Masoom - All we know so far
- India a prime example of successfully growing domestic pharma industry: UNICEF official
- Samsung Galaxy F54 with mega battery launched in India – Check out price and other details
- Kochi startup that connects farmers & consumers selected for UN's Accelerator Programme