I spent a few days using the Apple Card, and the design is easily its best feature
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
- Apple partnered with Goldman Sachs to offer the Apple Card beginning this summer.
- The card is only available for iPhone users, and while it lives natively on the iPhone, users also request a physical titanium card.
- I tried using my Apple Card for a few days, paying with both Apple Pay and the titanium card, and the best parts of the card were the design and the ease of use.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
This August, Apple debuted its Apple Card in partnership with Goldman Sachs.The Apple Card offers 3% cash back on Apple store purchases, Uber and Uber Eats, Walgreens, Duane Reed, and T-Mobile. It offers 2% cash back on all other purchases made with Apple Pay, and 1% if you pay with the physical card. With higher cash back rates on Apple Pay, Apple is encouraging you to pay digitally. You don't even necessarily need the titanium card - but you can request it for free through Apple Wallet, the same place you apply for the card.Advertisement
With this card, Apple emphasizes privacy and security. Every purchase with Apple Pay must be authorized with Face ID or Touch ID. The card doesn't have a number or security code on it, either. To buy something online where you need a card number, you must access the number through Apple Wallet.
I wanted to see if these features were worth the hype, so I applied for an Apple Card.
I applied for my Apple Card in Apple Wallet, and was approved in about a minute.
I also requested the physical titanium card.Advertisement
You can track the card during delivery, and you'll get a notification when it ships. My tracking wasn't exactly accurate, and it prompted me to activate my card before I had it.
To pay, you double click the side button, and authorize the purchase with Face ID or Touch ID.Advertisement
You can access all of your information and spending history within Apple Wallet.
I especially appreciate the way that your spending habits affect the colors of the card.Advertisement
As another security measure, you can immediately look at all your purchases with names and locations to make sure they look right.
The card also has a tool that helps you see how much interest you'll end up paying.Advertisement
I didn't get to play around with this feature much, since I just got my card and my bill wasn't due for a while.
Daily Cash is a cool feature, but it isn't exactly daily.Advertisement
The Apple Card has no fees.
Privacy is a major selling point of this card.Advertisement
- U'khand records 42 fresh COVID-19 cases; tally 1,085
- India to join UK-led virtual Global Vaccine Summit
- Tottenham says person at club positive for virus
- 25-yr-old man from Uttarakhand tests positive for COVID-19 in Chandigarh
- Undertake ENT operations for COVID-19 patients only in emergency cases: Health Min