I tried Bose's new $400 noise-cancelling headphones - and they have the potential to become the new gold standard
- I tried the new $400 noise-cancelling headphones from Bose that will be released on June 30.
- My experience was short and not "real world" by any means, but the Bose 700 headphones were impressive.
- They look and sound fantastic, and the noise cancellation has the potential to be better than the current gold standard in noise-cancelling headphones, the Bose QC 35s.
- One demo showed how effective Bose's new noise cancellation during phone calls will be.
- I won't judge if you pre-order the new headphones, as Bose has made a name for itself for reliably high-quality headphones. But you won't get them much earlier if you do pre-order, and your best bet is to check out the full reviews.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Bose announced a new pair of noise-cancelling headphones called the Noise Cancelling Headphone 700, which I got to demo ahead of their release on June 30.
It's tough to make any definitive claims about a product when I've had such a short time with them, and when demos are conducted in such a controlled environment.But this is Bose we're talking about here. We already know the company's headphones sound great, and its QC 35s are the stalwart of noise-cancelling headphones. You can almost guarantee that the new Bose 700 headphones will be even better if the company has made any improvements over a previous generation.
But I won't know for sure until I spend some quality time with the new Bose 700.
For now, though, check out what the Bose 700 are like in person: