GST collections drop to ₹87,422 cr in July
- GST collections fall 4% in July compared to a month earlier.
- Taxpayers with turnover less than Rs 5 crore can file returns till September 2020.
- Check the latest news and updates on Business Insider
GST collections in July fell to Rs 87,422 crore from Rs 90,917 crore in June, according to a Finance Ministry statement. However, July collections are higher than Rs 62,009 crore in May and Rs 32,294 crore in April.
The revenues for the month are 86 per cent of the GST revenues in the same month last year.
The ministry further said although the June collections were higher than that in July, however, it is important to note that during the previous month, a large number of taxpayers also paid taxes pertaining to February, March and April 2020 on account of the relief provided due to COVID-19.
It may also be noted that the taxpayers with turnover less than Rs 5 crore continue to enjoy relaxation in filing of returns till September 2020.
Popular on BI
- Torrent Pharma to acquire Curatio for Rs 2,000 crore
- Market in the grip of a bear hug: Nifty50 trades below 17,000 points, rupee hits a new low
- FM urges I-T officials to expedite returns, refund process and grievance redressal
- Razorpay forays into loyalty and rewards segment with PoshVine acquisition
- Don't equate fun with money: Sundar Pichai to employees