Inside Mark Zuckerberg's surprise interview with top publishers at the Rosewood hotel, where he told them everything was about to change
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg gave a surprise interview Tuesday to a bunch of editors and executives from publications across the country.
The media executives - from Business Insider, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, Time Inc, CNN, Buzzfeed and more - were gathered at the Rosewood hotel in Silicon Valley for a conference called OTR.
"OTR" stands for "off the record," and we were all told that's what yesterday's meeting with Zuckerberg was supposed to be.
But then, just after 4:00 PM local time, the world's most powerful 33-year-old walked into a sunny conference room, shook everyone's hand, sat down and announced our conversation would be on the record.
Over the next hour or so, Zuckerberg launched into a freewheeling discussion about Facebook's relationship with the media and Facebook's role and responsibilities as the world's most most visible platform for news and journalism.
Click here to subscribe to BI PRIME and read the full account of Zuckerberg's special meeting with media executives.
NOW WATCH: How Amazon gets away with not paying taxes
- Oct 1 deadline for compulsory e-invoice generation nears for firms with ₹10 crore turnover
- Prospective homebuyers expect property prices to increase
- ICICIdirect launches online platform Flash Trade for F&O traders
- Apple announces offers on iPhone 14 series, AirPods Pro
- Great resignation impact being felt in India as attrition rate remains elevated at 20% in 2022