Mobile video advertising is growing three times as fast as spending on desktop video
YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, BuzzFeed, and Snapchat videos are increasingly keeping audiences glued to their small screens, opening up new greenfield opportunities in advertising.
In this all-new in-depth research from BI Intelligence, we find that US digital-video advertising revenue from PC- and mobile-based video ads will top nearly $5 billion this year, and grow at a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 21.9%. Total revenue will reach $13.3 billion by year-end 2020, according to BI Intelligence estimates based on historical data from the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB).
Here are some of the key takeaways:
- Video is quickly replacing static display advertising on desktop. Video will account for 41% of total desktop display-related spending in 2020, up from a 26% share this year.
- Video ads perform better than standard display ad units. In-stream video ads, including ads that play at the start, during, and after video content, yielded click-through rates (CTRs) that were 18x higher than HTML5 banner ad units in February 2015, according to Google's Rich Media Gallery.
- Video's premium status within digital is reflected in the format's high prices. Video ads tend to cost significantly more (e.g., 2x or 3x) than non-video ad units on premium publishers like Vice and Instagram.
- Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter have all introduced new digital-video ad products. Social video offers several major advantages from an advertiser perspective, including huge built-in mobile audiences, advanced targeting, and native-style ad units.
- But despite their high prices and strong results, video ads create a special set of challenges around viewability.
View all Offers
- 65% OFF
Amazon Brand - Solimo XXXL Bean Bag Filled With Beans (Black and Brown)₹ 1899₹ 6000Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Alen 5 Seater Fabric LHS L Shape Sofa Set (Blue)₹ 27999₹ 39000Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Fame MDF Study Desk(Walnut Finish,Brown)₹ 4199₹ 7500Buy On
- 42% OFF
AmazonBasics Steel Zero Gravity Reclining Lounge Portable Chair, Black₹ 3499₹ 6000Buy On
- 74% OFF
Amazon Brand - Solimo XXL Bean Bag Filled With Beans (Brown and Tan)₹ 1469₹ 6000Buy On
In full, the report:
- Forecasts programmatic and digital video spending on desktop and mobile through 2020.
- Analyzes recent video-ad price and performance trends.
- Outlines new video-ad products from social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Explores the unique hurdles that video-ads face for viewability.
To access the full report from BI Intelligence, sign up for a 14-day trial here. Members also gain access to new in-depth reports, hundreds of charts and datasets, as well as daily newsletters on the digital industry.
- pi Ventures plans to invest in 25 young startups with its latest $75 million fund
- Best deals on hair straighteners, trimmers and other grooming products on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season