REPORT: Google Is Planning Its Next Major Tablet Launch Just Ahead Of Apple's iPad Announcement
The site also claims the tablet, presumably called the Nexus 9, will cost $399 when it hits stores on Nov. 3.
Just as previous reports have indicated, Bright Side Of News also says HTC will build Google's new tablet.While we've been hearing rumors and reports about the Nexus 9 for months, this is the first time a specific price point has been named.
The Nexus 9 is expected to feature a 9-inch screen with a 2560 x 1440 resolution. It's also likely to run on chip maker Nvidia's new K1 processor, seeing as the company accidentally mentioned the Nexus 9 in one of its recent legal documents against rival processor manufacturer Qualcomm.
We won't know for sure until Google actually decides to take the wraps off its new tablet. The blog didn't mention anything about its sources, so it's difficult to determine the legitimacy of this information.
It wouldn't be surprising to see Google announce some new Nexus devices this month, however. Last year Google quietly rolled out Android 4.4 KitKat and its new Nexus 5 smartphone at the end of October, so it's possible we'll see similar behavior this year.
If Google does choose Oct. 15 to unveil it's new tablet, the Nexus 9 may not have too much time in the spotlight. Apple is holding an event on Oct. 16, and many are expecting the company to introduce its official successor to the iPad Air.
- An American tourist in Seoul said he sprayed graffiti in 155 places to raise awareness about teeth grinding
- X could lose $75 million in ad revenue after a litany of controversies from Elon Musk, including his endorsement of antisemitic comments, report says
- The S&P 500 will trade near its all-time high before a recession drags it down again in a topsy-turvy 2024, Société Générale says
- Car prices set to rise in January – Should you buy one in December?
- The Sharing Economy
- Credit metrics of India Inc. to improve in October-December quarter: ICRA
- It is never too early to introduce kids to money concepts
- Ambulances ready, road being repaired to rush workers trapped in Silkyara tunnel to hospital