Twitter to soon begin testing voice DMs — voice clips will be capped at 140 seconds
Alex Ackerman-Greenberg who is product manager for DMs at Twitter, said the company is going to test voice DMs soon, The Verge reported on Thursday.
Brazil will be the first country for the voice DMs test.
Advertisement"We know people want more options for how they express themselves in conversations on Twitter — both publicly and privately," the Twitter executive was quoted as saying in the report.
In June this year, Twitter rolled out a test for a limited number of iOS users in the US to record audio snippets and attach those to tweets.
The users will soon be able to post a 140-second long audio tweet, along with the 280 characters as text, as the
Each voice Tweet captures up to 140 seconds of audio. To recall, Twitter originally had a 140-charecter limit for tweets, which was later increased to 280.
Audio can only be added to original tweets and the users can't include those in replies or retweets with a comment.
AdvertisementPeople will see your voice Tweet appear on their timeline alongside other Tweets.
Twitter hopes that voice tweeting will create a more human experience for listeners and storytellers alike.
Twitter is also working on adding automated captions to audio and video by early 2021, a feature that would help people with disabilities access the service in a much meaningful way.
EXCLUSIVE: YES Bank's workforce shrank by 1,000 employees since March but now it's hiring again for the coming year
Instagram Reels' new update allows longer videos — doubles the length of the clips you can upload
Supreme Court tells Delhi government: No action against Facebook India Head till October 15
Popular on BI
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Brands celebrate Republic Day with patriotic fervour
- OPINION: Tax consolidation schemes is the need of the hour for India’s renewable energy sector
- Air India's new policy on pre-flight weight checks is not going well with its staff
- Anand Mahindra responds after farmer's humiliation at SUV showroom
- MakeMyTrip's founder Deep Kalra moves into a chief mentor role