Twitter’s Clubhouse-competitor Spaces now available on desktop and mobile browsers
Previously, the Clubhouse-like audio meet app, Spaces was only available via iOS and Android apps.
"Spaces are making their way to Twitter for web! Now you can join a Space to listen in, test out the new transcription design, and set reminders to join a scheduled Space," The micro-blogging platform said in a tweet.
Spaces will be available on https://Twitter.com (mobile web and desktop web).
The focus areas will be infrastructure and listening UI that adapts to screen size, setting reminders for scheduled spaces and accessibility and transcriptions, the company said.
Taking on invite-only audio chat app
The company said it is also working on '
Hosts can set ticket prices and how many are available to sell.
A limited group will be able to host Ticketed Spaces in the coming months. Hosts earn the majority of the revenue from ticket sales and Twitter will keep a small amount as well. To make it easy to track what's happening and when, you'll also be able to schedule and set reminders for upcoming Spaces in the coming weeks.
After first testing Spaces with a small group of people on iOS, Twitter in March expanded the test to Android users in
WhatsApp moves the Delhi High Court against India’s new IT laws, says report
Cyclone Yaas will unleash its fury for another 12 to 18 hours after making landfall
OnePlus is giving away ₹9,000 worth Google Stadia bundle for free – but it’s not available in India
Popular on BI
- Indian Oil to invest ₹61,077 crore in a petchem complex at Paradip in Odisha
- Chinese app TikTok still has troves of personal data of Indians: Report
- India’s growth to mirror China’s trajectory over next decade with private consumption more than doubling to $4.5 trn
- Top 10 billionaires to have lost the most wealth in the last year as per Hurun Rich List
- A review of the global private markets in 2022