- Whatever happens in society resonates in the workplace, and during this past year companies, just like the rest of society, have responded to everything from the global pandemic, to questions of social justice.
- Work might never look exactly the same, as hybrid models between office and home become the norm, individuals are looking to live how they want, where they want. Technology advances have made this possible as never before.
- Culturally, the workplace might undergo an even more profound sea change over the next period, as employees become more vocal about the responsibilities companies have to foster a more equitable society.
- On January 27 at Noon ET, Insider is hositing a free virtual event, featuring speakers from P&G, Netflix, Dell, and more, talking about the future of work, the office, and employee engagement.
The office is a microcosm of the world. And the year 2020 has seen traditional ideas of workforce and workplace conditions and dynamics disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic and social unrest. Employers were forced to rethink workplace protocols, invest in safety strategies and remote infrastructures and reevaluate what it means to lead an organization efficiently while finding opportunities for growth, inclusiveness and social empowerment.
The constantly changing work environment requires clear communication plans, innovation in technology, and reevaluation of what community means. Technology plays a major role in managing performance and opportunities as well as employee health and safety, regardless of whether employees are working on-site, remote, or traveling.
The remote workforce is here to stay as hybrid models of remote and on-site work emerge. It is up to organizations and their leaders to shift their approach in response to these pandemics from 'do it light' to 'do it right' in order to lead and foster innovation and talent for years to come.
Business Insider's virtual event "Workplace Evolution" presented by Dell is taking place on January 27, 2021 at Noon ET, and will include conversations around how to empower remote and hybrid workers, what opportunities and challenges organizations face in this new world, and what the shift from "work from home" to "live at work" really means.
Speakers and sessions include:
- Virtual Leadership - Creating New Habits for Leading in a Virtual Environment, featuring Penny Pullan, author of "Virtual Leadership: Practical Strategies for Getting the Best Out of Virtual Work and Virtual Teams".
- The Big Shift of 2020, with Verna Meyers, VP of Inclusion Strategy at Netflix.
- Empowering Your Employees, with Najuma Atkinson, SVP of Human Resources at Dell Technologies.
- The New Workplace Landscape, featuring Karl Pressier, HR Director - Global Diversity and Inclusion at P&G.
Afghanistan Åland Islands Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antarctica Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia, Plurinational State of Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory Brunei Darussalam Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo Congo, the Democratic Republic of the Cook Islands Costa Rica Côte d'Ivoire Croatia Cuba Curaçao Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands (Malvinas) Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guernsey Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard Island and McDonald Islands Holy See (Vatican City State) Honduras Hong Kong Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq Ireland Isle of Man Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jersey Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Republic of Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Lao People's Democratic Republic Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao Macedonia, the former Yugoslav Republic of Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia, Federated States of Moldova, Republic of Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territory, Occupied Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Réunion Romania Russian Federation Rwanda Saint Barthélemy Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Martin (French part) Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Sint Maarten (Dutch part) Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands South Sudan Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syrian Arab Republic Taiwan, Province of China Tajikistan Tanzania, United Republic of Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of Viet Nam Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, U.S. Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe Yes, you agree to receive marketing emails from Insider Inc. and event sponsors and accept the
terms and conditions
and agree to receive marketing emails from Insider Inc. You can opt-out of emails at any time. Registration information will only be shared with the event sponsors.