2 simple ways to change the background color of your Instagram Story
- There are two ways to change the background color of your
- If you're posting a photo or video to your Instagram Story, you can change the background color with the Draw tool.
- If you're just using the Create feature, there's a selection of preset background colors to choose from.
You can customize your Instagram Story in a number of ways, including changing the background color.
Specifically, there's two major ways to change your Story's background color. Which one you use will depend on whether you want to include a photo or video with your Story, or just text and stickers.
Here's how to change your Instagram Story background color in both ways.
How to change your Instagram Story background color if it has an image or video
You can change this background color using the Draw tool. This method is a bit imprecise, but it does work, and lets you pick pretty much any color you want.
1. Open Instagram and tap the Your story icon in the top-left, then select the photo or video that you want to upload.
2. Tap the three dot icon in the top-right corner, then select Draw.
3. Toolbars will appear at the top and bottom of the screen. Tap the left-most option in the top toolbar (it looks like a pencil tip), and pick the color that you want from the bottom toolbar.
Quick tip: You can also choose the highlighter option in the middle of the top toolbar if you want your background to be transparent. And if the color you want isn't in the bottom toolbar, you can use the dropper tool on the left to choose a color directly from your photo or video.
4. Tap and hold your finger anywhere on the screen. After a second, the entire screen will fill with the color you chose.
5. Now tap the right-most option in the top toolbar to turn on the eraser. Drag your finger across the screen to wipe away the color covering your photo or video.
This can be a messy process, so go slow and remember to use the Undo button in the top-left. You can also use the slider on the left to make your brush bigger or smaller.
Once you're done, go ahead and add any stickers or captions that you want, then post it.
Quick tip: Alternatively, you can save a picture to your phone that has the background color that you want, and then upload that to your Story. You'll still be able to add text and other stickers to it.
How to change your Instagram Story background color with the Create tool
The other way that most people make Instagram Stories is using the Create tool. This feature gives you templates that you can use to quickly post a poll, timer, GIF, and more. The big difference is that it doesn't let you include photos or videos.
And unlike the method above, the Create tool has a feature that lets you change background colors built right into it. Here's how to use it.
1. Open Instagram and swipe to the right to turn on the camera, and then select the Aa Create option on the left.
2. A page will appear where you can pick your Story's template. You'll also notice a small bubble appear in the bottom-right corner — tap this bubble to cycle through background colors.
3. When you find one that you like, choose your Story's template and fill it all out. Once you're ready, post it.
You can also use the Draw tool method here too. Once you've finished making your Story and get to the page that lets you choose who can see it, tap the three dot icon in the top-right and select Draw. All the same steps work.
- ITC Q3 net profit rises 23% to Rs 5,070 cr; revenue up 3.5%
- Adani’s stock rout can impact its ability to raise capital or refinance debt, says Moody’s
- IndiGo profit soars to ₹1,422.6 crore in December quarter
- Tata Power Q3 net profit nearly doubles to ₹1,052 crore
- Gautam Adani loses richest Indian tag in 1 yr as he drops from 2 to 21 in world rich list