Can you use Facebook Portal with Skype? No, but you can use a number of other video-chat platforms
- You can't use
Skypeon any model of the Facebook Portal, but there are other social media and conferencing platforms that allow you to use a Portal.
- Portal supports several video-conferencing apps, including Zoom, although you still need a WhatsApp or
You can't use a Facebook Portal with Skype, but there are several compatible video-chat platformsIf Skype is your go-to video chat purveyor, you're not entirely out of luck. Though Skype is not currently available on the Portal, there are a number of comparable chat platforms accessible via Portal.
Facebook and Facebook MessengerNaturally, Facebook was the first platform with Portal compatibility, and it's still your best bet to get the most out of Portal, including use of Portal's built-in voice assistant.
Linking your account is easy, and WhatsApp, like Facebook, is free to use.
WorkplaceThere's also Workplace, a video chat platform from Facebook that's targeted more toward office communications than social gatherings. To use Workplace on your Portal device, make sure your Portal is fully updated, and Workplace should appear in the list of apps on your device.
Zoom, BlueJeans, GoToMeeting and WebEx
You can also join or start video conference meetings with Zoom, BlueJeans, GoToMeeting, or Webex by downloading each app onto your device.To install, simply tap the App icon on your Portal to find and download the one you plan to use.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80
- Indian School of Business ranked 1st in India, 44th globally as per MBA Ranking 2021 by The Economist
- 25 kg gold jewellery and ₹96,000 cash stolen at gunpoint from Muthoot Finance branch in Tamil Nadu
- Rajasthan: Budget session from February 10
- IPL players auction to be held on February 18, says BCCI official