How to add a signature in a Microsoft Word document on a PC or Mac
- You can add a
signatureto a Microsoft Worddocument in several ways, depending on the computer you're using.
- You can upload a physical signature using a scanner or a cell phone, add additional text like your job title, and then save it to be reused later.
Inserting your signature into a
View all Offers
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 5000 mAh| 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
- 60% OFF
boAt Bassheads 100 in Ear Wired Earphones with Mic(Black)₹ 399₹ 999Buy On
- 9% OFF
OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z Bass Edition (Bold Black)₹ 1999₹ 2190Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 21% OFF
Redmi 9 Power (Blazing Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) - 6000mAh Battery |FHD+ Screen| 48MP Quad Camera | Alexa Hands-Free Capable₹ 10999₹ 13999Buy On
How to add a signature in Word on Windows computer
Insert a handwritten signature1. Sign your name on a piece of paper the way you would any physical document. You may want to use a thicker writing instrument than usual.
2. Scan the page and save it as a JPG or PNG.3. Open the image in your computer's File Explorer.
4. To crop the image, click the crop tool at the top of your Image Explorer toolbar.5. Once you've cropped the image to your liking, click Save a copy. 6. To add the signature to your document, go to the Insert tab in the Word toolbar, select Pictures, and choose a method to insert the file you just saved. Use the dots at any of the four corners of the image to resize it to your liking.
Quick tip: If you don't have a scanner, you can take a photo with your phone and upload it, or email it to yourself. If you do this, you can also use your phone's cropping features to skip steps three through five above.
Insert text with a reusable signature
You can include information like your job title, email, phone number as part of your signature by saving that information as AutoText with the image.1. Type the text that you want to appear every time you use this signature under the picture of your signature that you just inserted.
2. Use your cursor to highlight both the text and the image.
3. Go to the Insert tab in the toolbar and select Quick Parts. If you don't see that label, the icon will be located in the Text section of the tab, near the WordArt tool.4. Click Save Selection to Quick Part Gallery. This will open a window labeled Create New Building Block.
6. In the Gallery box of the New Building Block window, choose AutoText, then click OK. This will save the signature and the text you selected along with it as a reusable signature.7. Whenever you want to use this signature, first place the cursor where you want it to go.
8. Go to Insert > Quick Parts > AutoText and select the name of the signature you just created, and it will appear.
How to insert a signature line1. In the document, click the spot where you want the line to appear 2. Go to the Insert tab and click Signature Line. If you don't see this written out, it will be an icon in the Text section, near the WordArt tool.
4. Select Microsoft Office Signature Line from the dropdown menu. This will bring up the Signature Setup box.
5. If it's appropriate, you can type a name in the Suggested signer box, or add a title in the Suggested signer's title box. This is useful if you would otherwise need the signer to both print and sign their name.6. When you're finished, click OK, and the signature line will appear in the document.
How to add a signature in Word on a Mac computer
Insert a handwritten signature
1. Sign your name on a piece of paper the way you would any physical document.
2. Scan the page and save it as a JPG or PNG image.Quick tip: If you don't have a scanner, you can take a photo with your phone and upload it, or email it to yourself.
4. Choose Picture from File from the dropdown menu that appears.5. Find the picture you just uploaded, click it, then click Insert.
6. Once the picture appears in the document, click on it to bring up the Picture Format tab in the ribbon.7. In that tab, click Crop, then crop the image to your liking. 8. Right-click the image and click Save as Picture to save it to Word as a file you can use again on other documents.
Insert text with a reusable signature
1. Type the text you want to see with your name in the line underneath the picture.
2. Using your cursor, highlight both the text and the image.3. On the toolbar at the top of your screen, click Insert.
4. In the dropdown menu, click AutoText > New to open the Create New AutoText box.
5. Give a name to this signature block so you can find it again later, then click OK.6. The next time you want to use this signature, first place your cursor in the spot where you want it.
8. Click the name you gave your signature block to insert it into your document.How to double space in Microsoft Word on different versions of the word processor How to use Find and Replace in Microsoft Word to make quick edits to a document How to insert a blank page in Word and keep your document's formatting intact How to add page numbers to a Microsoft Word document header or footer on a PC or Mac
- Weekend watch list for OTT — Fahadh Faasil’s Malik to Farhan Akhtar’s Toofan and more
- Reliance Retail surprises all by more than doubling its net profit in the last three months
- Reliance Jio adds 42 million subscribers but the average revenue is pretty much the same
- YES Bank’s net profit grows four fold as provision for bad loans shrink
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on headphones