How to change your payment method on HBO Max, no matter how you signed up for it
- You can change your
payment methodon HBO Maxthrough the mobile app or website.
- Depending on how you subscribed to
HBOMax, you may also need to log into another service to change your paymentmethod.
HBO Max is a subscription video
You can change the payment method used for your HBO Max subscription at any time, though the process may vary depending upon how your account is configured.
Here's how to do it using the website on your Mac or PC, or the mobile app for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change your payment on HBO Max
The process to change your payment information is essentially the same on both the HBO Max app and website.
1. Log in and tap or click the "Profile" icon.
2. On the website, click "Billing Information." If you're using the app, tap the Settings icon (which looks like a gear) in the upper-left corner, and then tap "Billing Information."
This is where the process varies.
You may be subscribed to HBO Max directly, or you may have subscribed via another service such as Apple, AT&T, DirectTV, Google Play, Hulu, Samsung, YouTube TV, or many others. Depending upon how you subscribed, you will see one of two options.
If you see a button marked "Manage Subscription"
This means you're subscribed directly through HBO Max.
1. Tap or click "Manage Subscription."
2. Click "Edit Payment Method."
3. Enter your new credit card information and click "Save changes."
If you see a button marked "Learn More"
This means you're subscribed to HBO Max through a third-party service that handles your payment elsewhere.
1. Tap or click "Learn More." You'll be taken to that service's log-in screen.
2. Sign in to the other service and go to the billing information page for that service.
3. Use that service's billing pages to change your payment information. The exact process will vary depending upon which service you use.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
- K'taka Assembly passes supplementary budget of Rs 10,265 crore
- Sports NFT platforms have racked up nearly $1 billion in funding this week alone, despite market slump
- COVID-19 virus likely to get weaker and become a common cold, says Oxford-AstraZeneca vax creator
- Best teether for growing baby in India
- TiE Delhi-NCR kickstarts the 10th Edition of India Internet Day themed Digital India: Escape Velocity